Thursday, December 16, 2010

She said "There's No X in Christmas!"




I finally wrote a Christmas song. Holiday songs always seemed hokey to me, which is probably why I never wrote one. But, this year I was listening to a holiday song by a multi-platinum selling act and... I just didn't get it. The lyrics were cryptic and the holiday theme was more like an afterthought. So I thought, I can do this. Just keep the music simple, like a nursery rhyme and let the lyrics tell a story that's easy to follow, yet keeps the listener engaged.

Then a memory from Catholic grade school came flooding into my brain. I starting laughing (even though the interaction wasn't funny back then) and this song was born. It's called, "There's No X in Christmas". In the spirit of the season, I've decided to give it away for free. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment